Decency Education Centre was established as a private co-educational institution on the 16th of September 2010, located temporarily at No 3, Igbinedion Street, Isiohor Quarters, Benin City. Later relocated to its permanent site measuring 100m by 200m at No 1, Decency Street, off Mexico Street, Isiohor, Benin City.
Decency Education Centre was approved to operate nursery, primary and secondary schools on the 17th of February, 2015 and got accredited to write any External Examination on the 10th October 2015. Deceny Education Center is a school built on Christ where Jesus is the watchword, guides our actions and thoughts. All these are played out in the way our students behave, talk and act. Our students are regarded as peace loving people whenever they are in the midst of their contemporaries from other schools because deviant behaviour like fighting, arrogance, speaking of pidgin English which is referred to as bad English and other sorts of vulgarism like cursing, insulting and telling of lies are all prohibited (forbidden) in our school. In other words, our students are friends of Jesus who always taught in the ways of the Lord.
- Dressing Code: A student on school uniform is expected to put on white socks and black shoes. While that of Sport wear is white socks and white canvas
- Hairstyles: low cut (skin tight) is our recommended hair cut while a female who chooses to plait her hair must obey the school official hair styles.
- G.S.M: It is a distraction to learning so it is not allowed in the school premises
- Language: Only simple and correct English is allowed among teachers and students.
- Punctuality: School assembly is held at 7:45 am; school gate usually opens at 6:30 am while students should be in school between 7 am to 7:45 am.
- Special subjects: Project, craft, colouring art, law and ICT. Parents are to support their children so that they can do well.
- PTA meeting: It is compulsory for you parents to attend the meeting of school management and parents
- Bible Study: It is usually held Tuesday and Thursday. Fasting and prayers are organized.
- Excursion: Students go on excursion as scheduled every session.
Steps to gaining admission into the school
- Purchase admission form for the sum of one thousand naira (N1000) from the school office
- Make your children available for the entrance test (English Language and Mathematics)
- If he/she is successful, then you pay for registration and textbooks to school account to be given to you in the Director's office
- Bring all neccessary admission materails before uniform and other things would be given